Friday, September 22, 2017

Favorite Baby Items: Absolutely unnecessary but so useful!

So I've been dying to share my favorite items. I've come to know so much about baby items from my two older sisters, friends and other relatives and I have to say that I'm quite lucky that there's so many new things that has come out and was renewed since their time to mine (feeling millenial! lol!). So many new things that really most of them are unnecessary but I can see why someone invented them...for convenience! I did not avail of all the fancy ones but a typical 1st-time-mom, I did fall for others that may not necessarily be needed but I loved them and really did make use of them.



Favorite #1: All foldable gadgets!

We live in a town home and storage and space is not a luxury for a home like ours. I decided that for Isla, we were going to get things that can be folded away so that when we do have guests over or when she grows out of it, storing it won't be such a hassle. Here's a couple that I thought were great:




1.1 Lounger/Rocker-mines was Graco Little Lounger Rocking + Vibrating Seat. Usability is up to about 4-5months or until your baby learns to roll. This was great for nap time and because it is super light and folds, whenever I had to bring the baby to my mom's or at the office (yes I brought her to work on some days) it was easy to carry.




1.2 Fisher-price Spacesaver jumperoo. Usability is from 3-7months or until your little one outgrows it. I store this under Isla's crib again so easy to carry because it's flat and light and even the arch with toys can be removed attached to the jumperoo during storage time.




1.3 Zobo Infinity Matrix High Chair. Usability is upto 50lbs, that's a pretty big kid! I actually love all the zobo high chairs, my sister has Zobo Summit which is also great for small space areas although that one doesn't fold so if you're looking for something that doesn't necessarily fold, that's also a great option. However, the infinity high chair is also great, has the look of a regular sized high chair but in person this is quite small yet sturdy, it has a 5pt safety harness and yes it folds and easily too! The best part of it folding as well is that the tray doesn't have to be removed unlike other foldable high chairs I checked out before getting this one. This store on a corner of you living room and you won't even know it's there. Other features include a removable tray so you can easily put your baby in and out of it, and it makes it easy to clean.

1.4 So this is my most favorite one of all the foldable items, my Summer Infant Pop N Sit Portable Booster. Usability, well until they outgrow it, my 10month old still uses it. Found it at amazon for $26! Now why would I need two high chairs really?! I don't, but I do bring my daughter to work on some days and when she got to the age where she started eating solids, feeding her got more difficult without a chair (especially because I'm also pregnant with my 2nd child). I thought the carseat would work but it was unsafe and so I resulted to buying this. I keep mines in the car and it has come in handy in several occasions. It works with any chair, small, tall, fat or skinny because of the adjustable straps and it even comes with a removable tray which also serves as Isla's plate when we are using this at a friend's or my mom's house. It's small and light, I love it!

Favorite #2: Roller Cart



You can grab these at ikea, Michaels or target for less than $30. It is perfect to roll around all your necessities from room to room, corner to corner. I store in mine diapers and wipes, lotion, extra clothing and at night, this is our bottle station since Isla is formula fed. It's like having a diaper/bottle station all over your house and saves you the time from having to move item per item from one room to other. It is also great for organization, this way you know all her essentials are kept in one place.





Favorite #3: Luggage Organizer Bags


I am addicted to these things have them in different sizes. They can be found anywhere from amazon to tjmaxx (really good price for them there) and I just love how my diaper bag can stay organized and categorized and it's just so much easier to find things this way. Also this makes it easier for any purse to turn into a diaper bag! I have the bigger sizes for Isla's diaper and wipes, so if I have to change her I just grab that part of the bag instead of carrying the entire diaper bag with me; I have one for snacks, for her change of clothes, bottles, etc. If you have a wide enough purse, you can just leave your diaper bag in the car and carry the ones you think you will need for the time that you are out. I just love them!


Favorite #4: Silicone Mat


If your baby is already in the stage of solid food, this is a great item to have. Silicone mats are reusable, they can be folded and packed so it's easy to carry them around in your bag and it's super easy to clean! I carry our mat and use it as Isla's plate when out in restaurants, they're great because they stick in almost any surface and it's reusable so saves money compared to buying the disposable ones that are plastic and most of the time the sticky part of it just doesn't work. After use in a restaurant I wipe it clean with a disinfecting wipes and wash it at home, ready for next use.






Favorite #5: Bububaby Food Feeder


This is the new net teether/fruit feeder. I have read several reviews before purchasing this and what truly convinced me in purchasing it is how easy it is to clean. Unlike the net/mesh feeder where fruits can get stuck, this has a plastic feeder with wholes just like a big binky. This order also comes with two feeders and 2 sizes of feeder, it also comes with a holder that can attach to your baby's bib or shirt to prevent it from falling on the floor. A great buy for teething babies! ($15 at amazon)


There are so much more out there that I wish I can share all but these are few of the items I discovered that I felt were very useful to me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment