Thursday, February 12, 2015

SEMI-HOME COOKING

I wish I can say that cooking is one of my major talents, but my skills in it is exactly like my how my skills are in painting...barely there!

 I swear this is not a flamingo! This is a cherry blossom tree! 

What I am good at is semi-home cooking. I have shortcuts for a lot of things, probably because I eat a lot, I know what most things tastes like so I usually can put stuff together that I know will just be good even if it's not quite true to the recipe. Also, I'm just really bad in following instructions, cookbooks are just not very useful to my overactive mind.

If you're like me, fear not! There are a lot of ways you can totally just wing dinners.

Step 1: Set up your table! This is the best way to make your semi-home made food look like you worked hard for it.

Step 2: Use plates that will compliment your food and present your food well. After all, eating begins with your eyes then nose then mouth. Food activates more than 1 of your senses.

This By the way is my very own tempuradon recipe by the way, I will be sharing that recipe to you soon!

Step 3: Share it with great people--family and friends. Food is always good with great company.
Having said this, here's one appetizer that you can make that needs no cooking time at all! My very own version of Tuna Poke'



Ingredients:
- 1 Fillet of raw Tuna (Ahi would be best)
- 4 tablespoons Sesami Oil
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Green Onions
- Pepper 
- Crushed red chili flakes

Serves: 8-10 people

Prep:
1. Cut your tuna into cubes.

2. On a separate bowl, add your soy sauce, sesame oil, juices of two limes and two lemons, pepper and crushed red chili flakes.
Note: You can easily just add this to your tuna but I do it separately so that I can taste it before adding it to the tuna and adjust it accordingly.
3. Once you get the balance of all these ingredients, add it yo your tuna and top it with chopped green onions! 


My biggest tip in any food you prepare is to taste it! Making sure that you're food suites your own palette will ensure that your guests will enjoy it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment