Monday, October 6, 2014

QUICK AND EASY FALL.

Yes, fall has definitely arrived! We feel it in the air, we see it in the trees, we taste is all the pumpkin spice delicacies everywhere! For a first time home owner like me who's still adjusting with the new expenses of owning a home, any seasonal updates are not a priority. However, I didn't want to dampen my decorating spirit this fall so I had to find a quick and easy and of course, CHEAP way to add fall in my home.


Mini pumpkins, they are $3.99 for a bag of about 6 at Shoprite. I went on my normal grocery shopping and thought, this would do great! I kept a couple of them in its natural form and have decided to spread them around my living room, which worked great with the rustic feel I was going for in that room.



Also, remember to make use of what you already have in the home keep it within the budget. My living room center table immediately turned "fall" with just the addition of this magazine I got for free in the mail! (Very good pointer to keep in mind, come christmas, I'm sure I'll have something there with a tree or snowman!) My thrift find, $2 vintage owl coasters fit perfectly as well!


Another thing I do is buy fresh flowers weekly or sometimes bi-weekly to add color or freshness at home. But since, we're nearing halloween and it is fall, I decided to keep these dried roses to add a spooky elegance to my center piece. At any craft store, you are can find a dried flower preserve spray and use it any dried flower of your choice. Make sure to wrap around the stem up to the bottom of the flower with flower wire to keep it from dangling down. 
       
As for my receiving/formal living area, to add little more art and glam to the pumpkins and to fit the decor the room, I took advantage of my left over acrylic paints and dressed up our mini pumpkin friends.







Voila! I think, good parts of the home are now fall-ready! I thought my white pumpkin ended up looking like garlic, so I had to add another element to it (haha!). So using a sharpie paint pen (that can be purchased at any craft store), I added some silver polka-dots in them to glam it up even more.

Seasonal updates are always fun but can also get pricey, with a little dash of effort and creativity, maybe recycling things you already have, you can join that bandwagon without spending much! Happy fall everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment